Search The Internet From Todd's Coffee Nook

Sunday, August 9, 2009

R&R :-)



I am currently getting a few days of R&R!!!! This is the most wonderful thing ever. You never will appreciate a day off until you go 7 months with out the blessing of a do nothing day! It is also a great feeling to fly into Germany and see trees and grass. For the next few days I am free to sleep when I want! Eat what I want and drink what I want. Wow, I feel so human again :-) In actuality this is really a great way to vacation. Living in Iraq makes you feel so much more alive when you finally get time away. There is a hard part to this as well..... It is hard to not worry constantly about the troops you left behind and this had made me take a no news policy. It would be entirely possible to just sit and watch the news during my whole time here.
Well... gotta go, just a couple of days here, so I am off to enjoy my new found freedom!!!!! Have a great August!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness!! Had me worried. Seriously, now. No blog. No Email. Starting to wonder if the calvery was needed. Oh ... wait ... you are the calvery. LOL Is there a back up plan here? LOL

    So, what's this picture of?? Is it Germany or did you get to come all the way home?

    OK ... just so you know I know ... You're a MP and not in the CAV. DUH!! I think you know what I ment by "the calvery". Hehehe

    AND for the record, I want July back!! August is blazing hot. Where did the almost 8th coolest July on record go? Oh ... well ... Enjoy your R&R!!! Glad you are getting a break!! :) Praying you'll have a wonderful rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd,
    I agree with Vivian.It is fantastic to hear that you are getting a break.What a beautiful picture.Also good to know you are.Hope you do a whole lot of nothing and love it.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete